Tuesday, April 1, 2014

SUYS April challenge


The first day of the month is always inspiring isn't it!!  At Show Us Your Stuff this month, we have a cake picture for inspiration:

This month we would like you to take inspiration
from the following image of a cake.
You can take inspiration any way you want, 
just make sure you tell us what inspired you in your blog post!

As always, you also need to include a handmade
 (by you or somebody else) item on your page!


I was inspired by the colours, the circles, the big purple flower and the ribbon around the cake platter (that inspired my washi border). I have used some Rainbow Splendour butterflies and purple heart wheel, and a Greatest View badge.


I created some circles with texture paste and realised they didn't stand out as much as I would like .. so I went around some in pen.  I'm getting adventurous in my old age aren't I!! LOL

You'll also spy some Flourish With A Bling:  a Jasmine puffy flourish!!  These are one of my fav flourishes!!!

If you want to get your hands on some handmade goodies, THIS is happening this week!!!!
Pop over to the Rainbow Splendour blog to see ....

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors!!!!

Unknown said...

Loving the awesome inspiration pic and WOW, your layout looks fantastic!!!

Sue Plumb said...

You already know I love this, but I had to say it here too! That cluster is DIVINE! X

KarenB said...

Hi Chloe, I love the textured background and the beautiful colour combo. Fabulous photo too :)